Thomas Multi-Counseling Services, Inc.
A Behavioral Health service serving with integrity,
providing effective comprehensive and compassionate
care with a specific purpose for healing
and healthy living.
Thomas multi-counseling offers services in:
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Lifestyle/Weight loss Management
Lorna Thomas, CAP, RDN, PHD, LMHC
1048 E. Memorial Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33805
Improving the lives we serve…
- Weight Loss
- Medication to assist weight loss
- Reconstructive Counseling for Recovering Families
- Multi-family lifestyle/weight management counseling
Thomas Multi-Counseling Services has as unique weight loss/lifestyle program; Precision weight loss…A Program Built to last.
BUILT TO LAST is a 6 month weight management program grounded in lifestyle changes that are achieved by cognitive restructuring. The program is for participants with a Body mass index (BMI) of 25 or greater. It is designed to help them achieve and maintain a lower BMI and a healthier lifestyle. This is done through the use of Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Motivational Interviewing which will help to change distorted thinking, thinking errors and provide cognitive restructuring. Screening for psychological factors that are barriers to weight management is an integral component to BUILT TO LAST. Providers of BUILT TO LAST are licensed professionals in addiction, mental health, dietetics and nutrition and advance registered nurses (nurse practitioners).
- Length of program is 6 months
- Participants will have an initial screening and a full scale assessment of eating disorders, mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, OCD, chronic weight loss failures, problem eating and food preference patterns.
- BUILT TO LAST is an open ended program
- Program format consists of twice monthly group sessions, 2 weekly individual sessions and one monthly multi-family session.
- A nutritious, satisfying meal will be served at each group session and a meal for participants at each multi-family session is also available.
- There will be four types of vegetarian meals along with a full meat diet offered in the evening meals.
- The first 35 minutes of each session will be meal time (5:30 to 6:30 pm, featuring eating nutritionally and enjoyable)
- Didactic/psycho-education groups begin at 6:15 and ends sharply at 7:30pm
- The NEWSTART curriculum will be used to augment the program
- Your insurance may cover part of your cost and we will either bill your insurance or BUILT TO LAST will give you an invoice. There is also a self-pay program with a payment plan. You have to determine if you inner peace is worth such a undertaking and then go for it.
- Personal training/exercise
- Weight loss medication for those assessed to be appropriate for medication therapy along with the other component of the program.
- Six months of once a month after care/follow up
Is also an integral part of BUILT TO LAST
Visited 2352 times, 2 Visits today